7ECM Grant Program
To ensure broad participation in the 7ECM and reduce economic barriers, up to one hundred grants were offered to mathematicians from developing countries as defined by the European Mathematical Society as well as all European mathematicans from countries that are not EU members or associated countries (Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Faeroe Islands, Israel and Turkey) are eligible for the 7ECM grant program. All researchers in mathematics based in one of the listed countries and born in 1981 or later were eligible to apply.
- Tuition waiver: successful applicants will have their congress fees in the amount of 340 paid by the organizers.
- Financial support: successful applicants will be supported financially in terms of costs for travel and subsistence. Upon submission of appropriate documents a maximum amount of 400 will be paid during the congress.
Grants have been awarded by the Grant Committee of the 7ECM.
- Konrad Polthier (Head)
- Wolfgang König
- Dirk Kreimer
- Christof Schütte
The application period and the reviewing process of the 7ECM grant program are terminated. Applications are no longer accepted. We thank all applicants and are looking forward to welcoming all grant awardees in Berlin!
We kindly ask all succesful applicants to register themselves via the 7ECM platform following these steps
1. Go to User Menu
2. Click on "Registration and Services"
3. Choose "Registration" (there should be a note that the registration fee is 0 €)
3. Click on "Next" and confirm the next website too
4. You get send automatically an invoice about 0 €.
Applicants who have been unsuccessful can still apply for the travel grant program of the European Mathematical Society until May 15, 2016. More information under http://www.euro-math-soc.eu/form/travel-grant-applications